Windows 7 is a personal computer operating system that was produced by Microsoft as part of the Windows NT family of operating systems. It was released to manufacturing on July 22, 2009, and became generally available on October 22, 2009, less than three years after the release of its predecessor, Windows Vista. Windows 7's server counterpart, Windows Server 2008 R2, was released at the same time.
Windows 7 was a major success for Microsoft; even before its official release, pre-order sales for 7 on June 26, 2009 were announced to have surpassed those of Windows Vista, with over 180 million licenses sold.

Personally, I love Windows 7 even though there's new versions of windows already. The reason why I use windows 7 is that my pc isn't very advanced and high end. I have to say that I am really enjoying Windows 7. I think it is a huge improvement over Windows Vista and I really like the new taskbar. The new taskbar is so much easier to use and I really like how it looks. I also like the new windows explorer. It is so much faster and easier to use. I think that Microsoft has really done a great job with this new operating system.

There are a number of differences between Windows 7 and Windows XP. Perhaps the most notable difference is that Windows 7 is a much more modern operating system, while Windows XP is starting to show its age. Windows 7 is also faster, more stable, and more secure than Windows XP.